This handbook contains new and updated information of wire rope, slings, rigging, fittings, cranes, weight tables, OSHA regulations, & ASME industry standards.
This book contains over 270 pages of necessary information for the rigger, crane operator, engineer, field superintendent, and safety director. New and updated information is provided on rigging, equipment and capacity load charts; practical tips for safely handling loads; and important information on the types. setup, and use of mobile cranes.
The rigger and crane operator will find this book very practical in applying easy to understand rigging principles; the engineer will find all pertinent information on wire rope, slings, fittings, and load calculations; the field superintendent will have information on directing safe & efficient field operation; and the safety director will have available tools necessary to establish and follow safe practices according to OSHA and ASME/ANSI regulations and standards.
This handbook covers the following topics:
- Basic math in calculating weights, center of gravity, & sling loads.
- Chain fall tension when drifting loads.
- Capacity charts for all types of slings – now including high strength fiber slings & higher strength slings for wire rope, chain, and flat bodied fiber slings.
- Updated and complete wire rope types & breaking strengths – including regular wire rope constructions, rotation-resistant designs, compacted strand constructions, and plastic-coated wire rope.
- Rigging hitches, practical tips for rigging and rigging hardware. Rigging safety rules & rules of thumb Mobile cranes – principles, types, & guidelines for use.
- Structural & stability limitations of mobile cranes.
- Mobile crane rules of thumb.
- Critical lift plans.
- OSHA Regulations and ASME industry standards.